Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Project

This afternoon, I decided to attempt this camera carrier. Cute, right? Absolutely.

Well, what should have taken me maybe an hour turned into a three hour project. I had issues figuring out which side needed to go where. I tried to follow the directions but kept getting confused when I needed to sew the sides together. I probably turned the material inside out over 20 times. Plus, I didn't have any ribbon to use for closing the case, so I decided to use a snap. I couldn't figure out how to put the snap together, so I had to enlist the help of MK. He put it together for me. AND, the stitching is something to be desired.

So, here's the finished product. It is not at all as good as I wanted it to look. However, I finished it. I wasted a lot of time doing it, but it's done. I got really frustrated with myself for having so many problems. Maybe next time I'll do better.

Felt liner and outer fabric that I bought in the remant basket at Walmart.


As MK says, "It's not too bad. It serves its purpose." Haha.

3 comments:

  1. At least you have figured it out in case you want to make another one. And the second ones always turn out better. It looks good on here. We can't see any bad stitching or anything. I like that material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider it practice... you just need to do it a bit more often-- you're welcome to make something for me if you want to "practice" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I still have that fabric that you purchased but I was saving it because I didn't want to screw up what I made with it. I was waiting until I had a bit more practice but I may go ahead and make something since I sorta successfully completed that bag last night.

    ReplyDelete