Sunday, August 9, 2009

Envelope Purse

I made an envelope purse today using this tutorial. It was SO easy!!! Really, if I can do it, anyone can. Mom gave me some scrap fabric over the weekend so I picked out two coordinating fabrics and used one for the liner and one for the exterior. The tutorial doesn't call for interfacing, but I chose to use that to give the bag a little stiffness. It's still a little flimsy, but for a simple project, it'll do.

I got to test out my sewing machine's zig-zag stitch for the first time. It's not the best job, but it's better than I expected. I'll get the hang of it eventually. This pic is of the interior before I sewed the pocket.
Finished product. It took me awhile to sew the button on but that was because I didn't have a lot of room to stick my hand in the pocket. I also did a zig-zag stitch on the exterior because that's what the picture in the tutorial showed.

This picture is blurry but I wanted you to see how large the bag is. That's a pack of hair bands inside and I used one as the elastic that hooks around the button to close it.

Here's a better shot. The stitching doesn't suck too bad! :) Not sure what I'm gonna use it for yet but maybe I can put coupons in it or put a few makeup items to stick in my purse or another bag. Who knows. It would be cool to use as a gift bag for a CD or something. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. i think it's adorable!

    i wish i could motivate myself to drag out our machine...

    ReplyDelete