Saturday, August 15, 2009

Painted Screen


This is a screen I painted a few years back, for a local hair dresser. My father created the wooden screen, and I painted it to order. In this photo, the panels are not connected yet, but it turned out pretty nice. I would love to do something like this again, but not out of solid wood. It was extremely heavy, but at least it would not be easily turned over. Alas, my dear father has gone to meet our Lord, so I don't have anyone at present, who could fashion a screen for me. I'd like one created out of a wooden frame covered with canvas. I haven't seen any to purchase, but would imagine if I did, they would be very expensive. It would be much less costly to create one from scratch I would think. Maybe I can figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment