Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday Home/Craft/DIY Miscellany

  • This article offers a great tip about not wasting time finishing books that you just can't get into. Clears clutter and saves precious time. Good thinking. While, I don't agree with "throwing the book out" as he suggests, I do suggest selling them online, putting them in a yard sale, swapping them, giving them away, or donating them to a library or library sale.

  • This is a totally cool idea for DIY shelving.

  • These "Don't Get Outta Bed" pants are pretty sweet (PDF download--you'll need Adobe Reader).

  • This Reversible Tank Top Beach Tote doesn't require sewing and is really cute. I have a Led Zepplin shirt that I bought last year online and it's too small. I think I might make it into this cute little bag.

  • This may be my weekend project. I have lots of hairbands that are brand new that I purchased right before I chopped off my hair. They will be perfect to use.

  • And now, for a couple of movie trailers that look kinda good.

    I've been wanting to read this book and now they're making a movie.
    The Time Traveler's Wife Trailer


    Who doesn't love a good Bruce Willis movie? This sci-fi, dystopic thriller looks pretty awesome.
    SURROGATES trailer in HD


    This mockumentary staring Michael Cera looks really cute.
    Paper Heart


3 comments:

  1. the time travelers wife is a really good book-highly recommended by me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment you just left me. i feel i should say a lot more, but those two words truly say it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd let you know about 2 book swapping sites I ADORE! All you pay is shipping which is usually around $2. paperbackswap.com and my most favorite is swaptree.com

    Just thought I'd share that. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete