Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Work

I was able to get quite a bit done this weekend for a change. Made me do a happy dance for sure!
In Bea's Quilt Along I was able to get the first blocks done. Yay me!!
I seem to overcompensate a bit trying for a scant 1/4" seam allowance when I really need to make it a true 1/4, so a had a little trouble with my pointy points. I'm learning though.
I'm anxious for the next step, but really need to take the time before then to get some other things done.

I started refurbishing a garden flag that has seen better days.
You can see here where I painted, and where I stopped. It's taking a while, but I love the process. And it's free as opposed to spending money on a new one. I love it and will have it finished in plenty of time for Spring and Easter.
Wouldn't that make a great quilt?!

I'm linking up with Bea today.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks - and QAL's should be taken as a learning process, so well done. Love the flag painting. It will be a while before I can get my little flag stand out, but great idea to pull them out to see what repairs need doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blocks look great!!
    thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jan! I would have emailed you but you are a no-reply blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks. Would make a great quilt for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vicki!! I'm hoping the finished quilt is a pretty as I think it will be. :)

    ReplyDelete