Friday, March 22, 2013

Week 4 of Bea's Quilt Along

Here are this week's blocks for Bea's Quilt Along. The Shoo Fly blocks were fairly easy, but I did wind up making them twice. The first time I used a scant 1/4" allowance and it just wasn't enough to make the squares the right size, nor have enough of an allowance on the outside edges. So, I did them over with a more accurate seam allowance.
Aside from this, I have been working on some shorts and overall shorts for my little man. I hope to get some of them finished tomorrow....Although it will be a while before he can wear them. The temps went from upper 70s to lower 40s. Rain and cold. I hope the flowers folks have started putting out don't freeze. It's just a little too soon in my opinion.

My mother's irises are putting on blooms. I'm excited to see them flourish after transplanting last year. When they begin to open, I'll post a photo.

2 comments: