Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bea's Quilt Along Week 5

This week our task  for Bea's Quilt Along was to applique the center square of the quilt.  She suggested using a button hole stitch and I did... up to a point. I did a regular zig zag around the flower petals because I didn't want to spend the extra time it would take to meticulously go around those. I fussy cut the diamonds and flower centers. I had a little difficulty at the points of the diamonds, having never used a button hole stitch before, so they aren't picture perfect but they will do.
I can never seem to get a photo to come out squared up. My camera needs a ruler....

Next week we will put all the pieces together. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

5 comments:

  1. That's the idea of doing technique blocks - you find what fits you as there are so many ways to do them. This is very pretty and I look forward to seeing this all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! love the fussy cutting :-) are you taking pictures from the top or facing the block?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck is a fussy cut? Whatever it is this looks real good to me! The fabrics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing just fine with that camera. My 70 year old eyes don't even know straight from crooked.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty block! I have the same problem with my photos too....always looks like they are katty-whompus when they really are nice and straight! :)

    ReplyDelete