Friday, September 27, 2013

Deck-Ade the Halls Redo

I shared in an earlier post about my finish (or so I thought) of the Deck-Ade the Halls quilt top.
I liked everything but the corners because I didn't have quite enough of the border to miter them. I took suggestions under advisement and finally decided on a partial applique technique.

These were the only other fabrics in the top that would remotely work as just adding a block.  It just didn't work for me. 

I took one seam apart, and sewed the small pieces I had left in, then folded them back to match the print in the fabric. I basted them down and when I quilt it, I will make sure it's secure in my quilting stitches then take out the basting.
I'm much happier with the faux mitered corners and when I find the perfect backing fabric and get it quilted, I'll post it. Thanks for all the help offered and suggestions made. You folks are the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment