Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bea Blocks 7 and 8

I was behind on my Beaquilter Sampler quilt along but I caught up today.
I'm rather pleased with these two. I was able to put them together without much wailing and gnashing of teeth at all!! LOL
I realize the pineapple block doesn't look as "pineapply" as hers does and I figured out it's because I didn't trim it enough as I went. But I like the way it looks and won't redo it. Actually, I like it a lot.
Since I've done log cabins before, this one was pretty easy. I just had to make sure I added the strips in the right order.
I've used the colors red, orange, yellow, blue, purple, green, pink and black/gray.
I'm wondering what colors I'll use for the rest of the blocks since I want to keep each one a different color. Brown will work, but I don't want to go with a white since I don't know that I won't sash it in white. The blue I used could be catagorized as a teal/aqua, so I could do a more royal/true blue I suppose.  Maroon or deep indigo might work. Decisions decisions!!

3 comments:

  1. uhh i love these! love the black pineapple block...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete