Saturday, September 29, 2012

Star Bright

I finished the big star quilt I was struggling with. The whole time I was working on it I kept telling myself....this is just a hot mess.
It came together ok in the end, with a few little poofy places and some points and corners that don't exactly match up perfectly, but I don't think the quilt police will come get me.
I may like the back more than the front actually. I'm sure someone in the NICU will be glad to have it. I think I would. ;)
I learned from doing it, and that's always a good thing. I know what to do in the places where I had a little trouble I think, so my next attempt may be a bit more successful. I have plenty of the fabrics left and could probably make another one pretty close to the same. Don't know if I want to do that right now. I'm just glad to have this one done.


3 comments:

  1. It will be well loved; and if you learned and improved your skills, a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there are any flaws in that quilt the recipient will be blinded by it's beauty and never see them!!! I can just see the quilt on a little baby girls isolette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this pattern a couple of years ago - I loved making it because it went really fast I thought. I love it made in the light colors. I used civil war fabrics and it's pretty but not so bright and cheerful as this - perfect for the NICU. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete