Thursday, September 27, 2012

Beefing It Up a Bit

After seeing so many beautiful fall wreaths on Pinterest and Facebook, I decided to beef up the one I had left from last year.
It's nothing to write home about, but it's nice and better than nothing. I looked all over Hobby Lobby for some mesh ribbon and even asked a clerk. He acted like he was clueless, but told me all they had for fall would be in the floral section. Hmmm. Found lots of pretty colors, but none of them fallish. So, I spied a roll of rust colored, sparkly tulle on a roll for 40% off and grabbed it to see if it would work. You be the judge.
Not as poofy as the mesh stuff, but it did fill in nicely and was pretty easy to work with. I even had some left and will try to do something else with it.   It's not a professional job, and certainly not as good as my Mom would have done being a florist, but you work with what you have and do the best you can. I had the pumpkins laying around, and only purchased the tulle, the "W" and the two glittery star flowers. So, this didn't cost me much at all.
All in all, it'll do.



5 comments:

  1. Oh, it is gourgeous! Now I think I need to find my old wreath and give it a spruce up. (maybe I threw it out?) Well then a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda it will more than do! I think you did a fabulous job and I wish you were here to give me a bit of help with my fall decorating! I haven't even gotten anything out but that's on my list for tomorrow. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! You gave the wreath a whole new life! Now, where's that old wreath I have? Maybe I should haul it out and play with it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda, it's beautiful! I love what you did....can you come and play at my house and make it pretty? Heehee!

    ReplyDelete