Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Latest Projects

The final project for Little Man's room....(I think) An odds and ends caddy to hang on the end of the bed. It will hold diapers, wipes, powder, etc. Hopefully it will be easy access for LeLe when she's taking care of baby boy.


  My first attempt at this was a failure. I tried to follow a commercial pattern and the instructions were absolute Greek. I tried several times to figure them out, and gave up. Or so I thought. It kept hanging around in my head until I had no choice but to try again. Only this time, I did it all on my own without a pattern. Funny how it's easier that way for some reason.

The other project I tackled was recovering an old footstool. It was in excellent shape, but the vinyl top did not fit my style.



I considered what fabric to use for a few weeks, but there was one in Walmart that caught my eye every time I visited the fabric department. I didn't know if it would go with my current colors, but finally gave up and bought it anyway.


It actually did match my bedroom colors, and I like it so much, I'm considering replacing my shams and curtains with it.  The stool turned out perfect as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

  1. I love that footstool!!
    Hmmm I might have to try that caddy thing. Thats pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you not linking up to some of the cute craft McLinky parties? This stuff is too cute!

    ReplyDelete