And....drum roll please........
The quilt top is finished.
No, it's not symmetrical. No, the blocks are not the same. But it's unique and I created it as I went. I would have liked to used something a little darker for the side panels, but went with what I had intead of purchasing more fabric.
Now, I think the hard part begins. Or another hard part begins. I have to find fabric to back it and I'm thinking a sheet will do. The demensions at this moment in time are 99x82, but that will change when I finish the edges. I just have to find the right color sheet. Then I have to figure out how to handle all the bulk on my sewing machine to quilt it. I sure hope it works, because if I have to give up and do it by hand, it's gonna take a very long time.