Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Connect the Dots and Squares


This is the six yards of fabric I ordered last Friday for Little Man's room. It was like Christmas when it arrived.  Part of me just wants to sit and look at it. Clean, smooth, new....and part of me wants to dig in and get to work.

In case you can't tell, the polka dots are aqua blue. This will become shades for the two windows, a dust ruffle, a covering for cabinet doors, and anything else we come up with. That is if there is any left. I originally intended to only order five yards, but fabric.com offered free shipping for orders of $35.00 or more. So, the sixth yard cost the same as shipping. Therefore, it was free in my mind. *grin* They have a plethora of unique and fun fabrics.


On my trip to Hobby Lobby the other day, I wanted so much to just buy yards and yards of fabric. Every time I'm there, they have 30% off most of it. I was in fabric overload, and had Mom with me, so I really couldn't think straight. I'll have to go back by myself one day, or with LeLe and just think a bit. But, in all honesty, I can't ever decide what to buy, unless I have a specific project in mind. I'll have to get over that if I'm going to be a quilter. I've noticed that on other blogs, the quilters have mountains of fabric in their work space. I suppose I should become a collector of fabric, then I'd be able to buy pretty designs just because I like them.

Still working on J's quilt squares.  Block 3.


I've laid out block 4, but haven't put it together yet. I do, however have the fabric to connect the squares together. It's not exactly what I had in my mind, but I needed to go ahead and get it, and it will do fine. Mom liked it a lot and encouraged me to get it.  I'll post a pic of that, when I post square 4. I intend to use the darkest pattern here as the backing. J loves the darker greens best.  SR and I both are a little surprised at how excited J is about this quilt.

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to see the finished projects in the baby's room!

    ReplyDelete