Saturday, February 27, 2010

Like on HGTV?

I made the comment to LeLe that HGTV has ruined me. She agreed. I look at the decor in my house and wonder what I could change to make it look better. I have been thinking of slowly beginning to purchase inexpensive decorative items to replace the old uninteresting things I have sitting around.

At Christmas, I fixed up the buffet in my dining area with some candles, a lamp and some Christmasy things. After removing the seasonal items, I left the candles and lamp, and added some old crockery that has been in the family for eons. 




I found some cool bird salt and pepper shakers at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago, and they were on sale for about $3.00, so I grabbed them and added to the mix.



I didn't buy them with that intention, but they really went with the cream/gold/silver color scheme. When I had it all together, I dismissed it as mundane and went on my merry way.  However.... just the other day I looked at the arrangement with fresh eyes, and realized that it actually resembled something a designer might set up on HGTV.

I have to say that I LOVE it. And the framed W in the back made it perfect. Now, if I could just figure out how to do the rest of my house.....

1 comment:

  1. It looks so classic. I love those salt and pepper shakers. I might have to go to Hobby Lobby this week!

    ReplyDelete