Since the quilt is for J, and he said his favorite color is dark green, I chose different shades of green.
Earlier, I posted a picture of a graph I colored in, trying to create a unique pattern. But, when I placed the pieces in that pattern, it didn't really move me. So I just experimented.
Of course, the last strip is missing because, well, I didn't realize I needed the sixth strip until I started sewing the strips together.
I didn't actually intend for the block to be framed in the darker color. But it works for me. I don't intend for the blocks to be the same though, so the next one will not be framed this way. I will just have to experiment and see what moves me.
Without a rotary cutter and mat, it was difficult to get the squares exact, so they aren't all matching in the seams. But, I did the best I could with what I had and tried to align them as closely as possible, by snipping here and there. Fortunately, SR gave me a rotary cutter for Valentine's Day. Now THAT ladies, is a great gift. Flowers fade, and candy makes me feel guilty, so that was the perfect idea. What a man!