Monday, May 27, 2013

Winning and Losing

Woo Hoo!!! I won a Baby Cakes quilt kit from Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts!! I'm so excited for it to arrive. I'm thinking I will make a quilt for the St. Vincent NICU with it. :)
Thank you Sharon for your generosity!! I very much appreciate this win!

Hillbilly Handiworks is hosting Blocks for the Plaza Towers Quilts and I am participating. Quilts will be donated to the teachers and staff of Plaza Towers Elementary. If you have been living under a rock and don't know, a Category 5 tornado ripped through Moore Oklahoma and leveled pretty much the entire town. The Plaza Towers Elementary school was demolished and children were lost. These are the two blocks I am sending.
The first one is named "Sea of Crisis" and of course the second one is simply "Lighthouse". I thought these were appropriate for this situation. These people are swimming in a sea of crisis, and in the distance the lighthouse shines a beacon telling them there will be light and there is hope. The lap quilts will be sashed with red, white, and black which are the school colors. I'm looking forward to seeing them put together and mailed.  I would imagine the teachers become very attached to their students and feel as though they have lost a family member. I pray this will bring them a glimmer of comfort in their grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment