Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May BOMs and May for Me

I'm not an official participant of Marcia's May for Me, but I have done some things for myself the last couple of days.

Before I get to that, I'll show you my May blocks for our BOM. I'll post Janice's when she's ready.
First one is traditional. I made if from a pattern I found in a trunk my Mom had. My great-grandmother ordered it by mail, way back in the 1940s and I was determined to try it. The Y seams were a struggle because I'd never done them before, but I managed to muddle through. I'm very happy with it.
This is from a pp pattern I found online. Calla lilies are my favorite flower and this reached out and grabbed me. I didn't have any trouble at all with it, and it looks exactly like I wanted it to. Not that there aren't a few little flaws here and there.

I've had those done since last month, but this is what I did yesterday and today just for me.
It's never the wrong time for Christmas as far as I'm concerned. And since I haven't been able to do my Twelve Month's of Christmas this year, I needed a Santa fix.
I jumped the gun on June and did this sailboat for our BOM. It was so easy! I decided to add a red flag for fun, and I sewed some wavy lines in the water to suggest waves.

1 comment:

  1. You did a lovely job on the NoseGay block - good for you in expanding your skills. This will be a great quilt once you have all your blocks together.

    ReplyDelete