Friday, February 1, 2013

For My Girl

I finished the bedding for my baby girl that's coming. I have to admit it was a struggle working with minky.
I read up on it, and followed advice so it might have been even harder had I not done that. I also had issues working with the satin binding for the ruffle.
Not only did my machine not want to gather it, but it didn't want to sink the needle into it either. I used a big one too. But it all worked out and K was very happy with it. I wound up doing the flower by hand for the most part. As soon as we get it all put together in Baby Girl Winston's room, I'll post a pic. I worked on the mural in her room yesterday but need another day to put on another coat and tweak it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh - this is just adorable!! Well you certainly put your skills to work there girl - minky is a challenge and then you add satin! But what a gorgeous little quilt to be snuggled and loved for a long time. Can't wait to see the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The satin ruffle is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete