Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meeting New Friends

My friend Marlene at Stitching by the Lake is has been asking her followers to visit other blogs and she's calling it "Let's Go Visiting. Today is my day so Welcome everyone!!
You gotta love Mr. Rogers! 
 I'm Belinda and I live in south central Arkansas. I share this blog with my daughter, but since having my first grandchild almost 3 years ago, her posts have been few and far between. We all know what life with a toddler is like don't we?!

I started quilting a little over three years ago when I finally quit work. It quickly became an obsession and my sewing machine and supplies have taken over my guest bedroom.
At present, I'm working on a Disappering Nine Patch for my sister-in-law who is undergoing treatment for breast cancer. It's going to be a surprise. (I hope)
I just finished a Log Cabin quilt for a friend of mine and I now want one of my own. It was the first time I've ever done one. I have a page here where I've posted photos of most of my finished quilts. You can jump over there from here is you like or click the tab at the top. Take a look around and see what my daughter and I have done in the past!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Thank you for visiting with me and...Thank you again Marlene!

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed and amazed at how much you get finished Belinda! and all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have come a long way my friend - new fabrics, new blocks, new techniques, new skills. So lovely to visit you today in the NeighborHood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s nice to visit and meet you through Let`s go Visiting.Love your quilts and this one looks also fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda your sister in law is going to be so blessed by this quilt! I love that we really are neighbors Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see this done. The yellow, 'scallop' fabric really sets the other colors off NICE! Your SIL is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete