Saturday, February 9, 2013

Design Wall

Make that design ironing board. *grin* since I don't really have a "wall". This is what I'm working on now.
A Disappearing Nine Patch made with Sonora and Fandango. I wanted to use more of the Fandango, since I had a charm pack, but an intense search all over the internet for another charm pack turned up nothing. It must be very popular because it was sold out everywhere. I finally found some limited yardage on etsy.
I haven't figured out exactly how I want to put the squares back together.
Once I get all the nine patches cut (12) then I'll be able to play around with it a bit more and decide. When finished, I'll give it to my sister-in-law who is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer. *insert sad face* She recently made a comment about not ever having a hand made quilt. And I couldn't stand it, so I will deliver it with no warning and surprise her.

I think I'll name it....Sonora Dances the Fandango...well, maybe not.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, hugs and prayers and well wishes for your SIL - this will be a wonderful quilt for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get the patience?
    I write a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray your sister heals quickly and completely. Your quilt is a blessing.

    Visiting from Marlene's Stitchin' by the Lake blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a cool beans name for the quilt! I'd love to see the look on your SIL face when she sees the quilt. Prayers going for her.

    ReplyDelete