Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Works in Progress

I've been a bit behind in my sewing, but am finally back on track. Here are two things in the works and I'm excited to see how they turn out.


These are the squares for my latest charity quilt I spoke of in my last post. I still have to machine applique them before I can put them together. I enjoy that process though, when I eventually figure out which stitch works and looks best. I spent some time yesterday experimenting on an extra square deciding what to do.


This will become a pillow for my bed. I've been wanting some fabric with bright yellow, orange and lime green in it, but realized I had scraps that would work for it. After some fiddling, I think I have the design I want to go with. I'm interested to see if it turns out the way I plan.

I'm linking up to Marcia's Minutes for Me and Rock 'N Share at the Shady Porch.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see which stitch you choose...the only thing I have learned to do is the blanket stitch on my applique pieces! Whatcha thinking of, for the pillow? Inquiring minds, ya know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pillow too! I like the fabric colors! Going to be neat!
    Thanks for linking up to Minutes for Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been fighting machine applique. Dont like it much but I've got it down again. New machine, new learning curve. Did you find that to be true too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, ha! Cool beans! A FLOWER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to seeing your pillow! Your pink quilt will be gorgeous! Thanks to Marcia for a great Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belinda I have just awarded you the Versatile Award on my blog at http://marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/2012/02/double-surprises-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete