Saturday, February 11, 2012

Awards!

There is this really cool award running rampant in the blog world... And I've been awarded twice!!


First by lovely and talented Tanya at Frou Frou Britches.  She is a sweetheart and once (a short time ago) when she was a toddler, my mother baby sat her. She is a very gifted seamstress and you can tell by her blog posts that she adores her children and husband.


Secondly, by Marcia at Crafty Sewing & Quilting. She has been an inspiration to me and is a gifted designer and quilter. She is always teaching us something and her quilts are unbelievable!


I will confess a little something here....I have whittled down my blog reading considerably, due to the time it takes from other more important things. I try to keep up with those of you who have me on your blog roll though. Given that I don't keep up as much as I used to, I won't try to award anyone else because I'm sure it would duplicate recipients. I will however, endeavor to list some things about me. I've done that before, but some of you may be newer to reading my blog and won't know these things.

1. I'm a very short person. I barely reach 5'. I used to have an extra half inch, but time has sort of shaved that off. That's what aging will do to you!

2. I've been married to the same man for 35 years this May. Child bride....Ahem. I was 18, but we had been dating since I was 15. That sounds like we came from them thar hills doesn't it? I can't believe we've been together this long in this kind of world. We've had our ups and downs as everyone does, but I believe the best is yet to come!

3. I always dreamed of making a living painting and crafting. The choices I made didn't make that dream possible. It's ok. God is still in control and I'm content. I am having a little taste of it though, as a few folks are commissioning me to do a few things for them. It's nice, and there's no pressure.

4. I have two children and one grandchild. LeLe is my first and the light of my life, J is second and my joy. LMW is my heart and my whole world. LeLe shares this blog with me, but since the arrival of LMW almost 2 years ago, she does well to post once or twice a year. She does update her personal blog regularly though.

5. I've been sewing since I was probably 10 years old. First was just embroidery, and then in high school I learned how to use the sewing machine while taking Home Economics. It's not called that now. The one thing that sticks out in my mind that I created as a teenager, was a pair of tan jeans that I embroidered on. I put blue roses and rose buds on them, that I had drawn out myself. I was sooo proud of those jeans and my boyfriend then (not my husband) was sometimes heard to sing..."I've got a freaky old lady name of Cocaine Katy who embroideries on my jeans..." Anyone remember that song???

6. I have a bit of social anxiety and that's why blogging is such a wonderful thing for me. I get to interact with others who share my interests, without the fear. My Sunday School class and teacher might not agree on that, because I am pretty vocal in class. I feel comfortable there, and so I run at the mouth. I'm making up for lost time I suppose.

7. I started quilting a couple of years ago, and like with everyone else I know who quilts...it has become an obsession. I love the creation process and seeing how my designs play out. And I really love seeing the smiles on the faces of those who receive my quilts. It blesses me more than words can say.

There you have it. Thank you so much Tanya and Marcia for the award. It warms my heart to know I'm even noticed. You both ROCK!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again twice! I liked your seven things about you. Yes I knew some of them before... Didn't know you wanted to be a painter for a living but I knew you painted. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have social anxiety too. Ugh, I just can't get past it.

    As for that song...um, no,can't say as I've heard of it. LOL

    ReplyDelete