Monday, February 13, 2012

Joy and Rapture!

After fighting this thing for a YEAR, I finally finished it yesterday.... Hallelujah!


I didn't piece the colored parts, just added most of the muslin. My cousin's grandmother started it and he asked me to finish it. I had to attach every circle to a center and to each other circle then quilt and bind it.


The vintage fabrics were really cool, but I don't think they will hold up to a washer, not to mention be colorfast. So, I am going to recommend he not wash it, but I do think it turned out pretty well considering I didn't have a clue what I was doing when I started.


I think I can safely say that I will not try another wedding ring quilt in this lifetime. It might have been easier if I'd started it from scratch, but I don't want to try to piece all those little things to make a circle. Not my idea of fun.


I'm glad to have it finished, and I'm sure he'll be glad to have it back after waiting for a year. I just kept putting it aside because it just wasn't fun. Now that it's over, I'm glad I did it.

6 comments:

  1. A wedding ring is very daunting - good for you in sticking with it. Good idea to suggest NO WASHER = older fabrics just can't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH-MY-GOODNESS!!! It's BEAUTIFUL! I really can't imagine the work that went into this quilt. You've completed a family heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you did a great job! I think you did the right thing to tell him no washing machine...I love the vintage fabrics and the repros, too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't get over this quilt. I just love it. All the quilting really put it over the top. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful....yay for a finish!!! Feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete