It seems like forever since I actually finished a project.
I originally started out planning to add a bright yellow ruffle around the flower, but after much aggravation working with it, I threw that out. I'm thinking it looks better without it anyway and would have made it too busy. This way, you can really see the quilting and the rose.
I just took the orange fabric, cut it into strips, and twisted it in a circular pattern. I tacked it as I went and decided to add the green for the leaves as an afterthought. And because I wanted to make it unique, I added some little beads here and there.
I quilted the pillow itself in a circular pattern. I used a bowl as a starting point, and used a watercolor pencil to mark where I wanted the stitching to go. I sewed it together wrong side to wrong side, and added the green trim like quilt binding. I'm very pleased at how it turned out and relieved that I finally finished it.
Linking up to Rock 'N Share at the Shady Porch!