Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Calico Critters

Surprisingly, I was able to finish another quilt today. I say that because I have been in the midst of getting ready for a yard sale and didn't think I'd have time to sew this week.

I took what I think is rather ugly not so pretty fabric, and used it with some embroidered panels that I colored.
I once again tried my hand at fmq and had to fiddle with the tension, set my rhythm, and just experiment. I did something different around each animal.
Eggs around the chick, bones around the puppy, fish around the kitty and swirlies around the piglet. That was fun but challenging.
The puppy and kitty were printed panels and the chick and piggy were from a coloring book that I used to try and match them. It was a fun process and one I'll probably do again. I hope this simple quilt is pleasing to a young couple who are going through a trying time with their infant in the NICU.

I have been in prayer for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. My heart goes out to them and I am thankful I'm in my safe, warm, dry home right now.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute and good for you in hanging in there with the FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is so cute. I really love it. I must say that you are really one talented individual. Just look at this piece that you’ve done. It is so adorable.
    EliteToyStore.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jelly! That's a very kind thing to say. I really enjoy doing this type of thing.

    ReplyDelete