Surprisingly, I was able to finish another quilt today. I say that because I have been in the midst of getting ready for a yard sale and didn't think I'd have time to sew this week.
I took what I think is rather ugly not so pretty fabric, and used it with some embroidered panels that I colored.
I once again tried my hand at fmq and had to fiddle with the tension, set my rhythm, and just experiment. I did something different around each animal.
Eggs around the chick, bones around the puppy, fish around the kitty and swirlies around the piglet. That was fun but challenging.
The puppy and kitty were printed panels and the chick and piggy were from a coloring book that I used to try and match them. It was a fun process and one I'll probably do again. I hope this simple quilt is pleasing to a young couple who are going through a trying time with their infant in the NICU.
I have been in prayer for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. My heart goes out to them and I am thankful I'm in my safe, warm, dry home right now.