Thursday, October 11, 2012

Christmas in October

I didn't have an idea on a Christmas project this month, until I saw the decorations going up at Walmart. Already?! Yes, already and I'm torn about that. I like having access to supplies and such, but think we need to wait a little and focus on Thanksgiving first. Oh well, they didn't ask me.

I remembered a little something I saw on a blog last year, and I might have seen it on Pinterest, but I don't remember. When I spotted a little sparkly gold reindeer ornament, it hit me and I had everything I needed except that. So, for $.97 I wound up with something for this month.

This is what I started with:
I got out my Christmas fabric, an old picture frame, some foam board, and a few other odds and ends.
1. Painted the frame white.
2. Covered the foam board with fabric and secured it with hot glue.
3. Set that inside the frame and secured it, then covered the back with more fabric just for good measure.
4. Hot glued the ornament to the board inside the frame.
5. Hot glued some leftover rick rack around the edge of the frame.
(What would we do without hot glue?!)

And.....VOILA!
This could be hung on the wall, but I like it sitting in a frame holder on the table.
I do think it will look better with other Christmas decorations and not my sunflowers. *wink*
It occurred to me that this could be done on a smaller scale with miniature ornaments and embroidery frames. Then they could be hung on the tree. That might be something for a future project.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is my October Christmas project. It took me very little time and very little money. That's always a plus!



4 comments:

  1. Well, isn't that cuter than heck?!!! And, I bet it took you no time at all! You can really deck the halls with things this easy and quick. I should really make better use of my glue gun.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think you are so clever! This is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute....but I love your mini idea even better! I can just see tiny frames with cute stuff in them, hanging on the tree! FUN!!

    ReplyDelete