Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

There is this thing going on in blogland. It's called the Blogger's Quilt Festival : Fall 2012.
 I have been encouraged to enter by two dear ladies who I consider sweet bloggy friends. I debated, simply because after looking at some of the entries, my confidence took a hit. But, I decided to go ahead and do it just for fun.

This is my entry.
You can see it in this post.  It's made from scraps I had in my fabric stash. The toile came from a baby bedding set I bought at a yard sale. The solid pink from an old set of scrubs, the green was leftover from a quilt I made for my son, and the plaid is from one of my mother's old shirts. I have added it to a stack of baby quilts I'm donating to the NICU at St. Vincent's Infirmary in Little Rock.

Finished quilt measures : 36" x 36"
Quilted by: Me (Belinda Winston)
Best Category : Baby Quilt, Scrap Quilt, Home machine quilted
 
Well, there you have it. This festival is going to be very inspiring I can tell. And the sponsors are being very generous!! Good luck to everyone who has entered!

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! It will definitely keep a special baby very warm and cozy. Love that you used scraps and old clothing (though it doesn't look scrappy at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you sweetie - strut you stuff! This is such a soft looking baby quilt and for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt. It popped right out at me amongst the 350+ thumbnails on the festival page. Its just so sweet. I love that the fabric has been pulled from here and there and everywhere and its destined to snuggle a sick newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to add anything to the comments already made! This is a special quilt. I especially like how it was a scrap of this and a scrap of that and then came together like it was planned at the fabric store! Good luck, B!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! You have "re-purposing" down to a science! I think it is so cool that you used so many different fabrics, and can look at it and remember what each one is from.....I know it will be a treasured quilt at the hospital.
    I'm so glad that you joined in the fun!! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete