Friday, November 9, 2012

Christmas in November

Well, a beginning of Christmas in November...
See these blocks? I got them already sewn from my dear friend Tonya at Hillbilly Handiworks. I didn't really have a plan for them, but decided to use them and make my first ever, actual Christmas quilt. I started out cutting them up and putting them back together.

And then I added more fabric that I bought from her a while back.
My plan began to form, and this is what the center will be.
I will have to add a bit more solid strips to it, and then use the remainder of the put-together squares on the outside border. I have a plan for them, but as I've been sewing them together, they are playing hide and seek from me and I am struggling to keep them in any kind of order. Still, I think it will all work out and I'll show you the finished top when I get it done. I wanted to use only fabric from Tonya, but the dimensions just didn't work out right for the amount of squares I had, so I'll have to get something to go with it. I know what I want, so to Hobby Lobby I'll be going tomorrow. After all, the wife does need a little "Dear Season" shopping right???

My new quilting buddy Janice and I have decided to do a BOM together. We are going to agree each month on a design and put it together. Each block will be representative of that particular month. Our first block will be for November and we decided on a pattern called falling leaves. These are the fabrics I'm thinking about using. I may swap out the dark brown for something more in the red catagory.
We found this pattern and will do one of the blocks in the quilt. I'm excited to get started. We have our December block and January block chosen as well. But I'll share those later.

Here is the latest photo of my heart and joy. He's growing up way too fast and knows that smile will get him anything he wants.
Enjoy your weekend. My thanks go out to our veterans everywhere!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Christmas-y quilt! It's going to be great. Love that smile - he's a doll!

    ReplyDelete