Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Projects in the Works and Christmas in July

I mentioned a few posts ago that I wanted to make a summer quilt top by hand. And so I dug around in my fabric cabinet to see what I had. I bought some charm squares for a project I changed my mind on, and they seemed perfect for what I wanted to do. I found a pattern that was called Winding-Vines...
Don't ask me where because I don't remember. I've started naming my files by where I found them, but failed with this one. Isn't it pretty? But, I'm leaving out the green and using brown in its place.
I was pretty pumped until I got started and realized I didn't have anywhere near enough of the dark rust squares...had to put that on the back burner until I find something I like that will match or I can start over with. Oh well. I was going to take my time with it anyway.

Next I saw Sharon's post mentioning postage stamp blocks and thought I'd try my hand at that. Cutting and cutting and well... more cutting.
 I'm doing these by hand too and just sitting with the husband as he watches tv while I sew away. It's relaxing and easy to do. Eventually, I'll make a twin size quilt for the bed in my sewing room. I think it will be really pretty when I'm done.

I've been following Tonya's posts about her working up a convergence quilt. I'm going to experiment and try my hand at it. I'll let you know if it turns out decent enough to post about.

As far as Christmas projects go, aside from my guest post on Snoodles blog, I finished putting together a pillow. So this will be my Christmas in July project.
 It's made pieces of a sweater my Mom used to wear.  I sewed three of these last Christmas for my sisters and I had just enough left for myself. (finally) All of the fabric I used to piece it together came from the stash she left. It means a lot to me and I will remember her love of all things Christmas when I put it out in December. It will be our second Christmas without her.

Lots of things going through my head these days, but this is all I have going at present. I kinda need to work on something I mean to finish shortly, but can't think of anything that gets my blood pumping right now. My house needs some good cleaning anyway...ha!!



2 comments:

  1. Great bunch of projects. Love your pillows - how precious a memory piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHy is it things for ourselves take forever to make?

    ReplyDelete