Sunday, July 15, 2012

Converging Callas

What a wonderful Lord's day!! Spent some study time with Him at His house this morning and came home to enjoy the weather while mowing. *snicker* Still, it felt good, as I haven't actually mowed in years. SR does it, but I thought I'd help him out today.

After coming in and resting some, I sat down at the good old sewing machine and began painting my convergence quilt with thread. I didn't intend to finish it, but once I got started, I couldn't stop.
The stitches are pretty tight, so it kind of buckles a little in places, and the seams are pulled in others.
It doesn't lay exactly flat, unless I smooth it with my hands, so trying to figure out how to bind it so it will hang nicely will be a major chore. I considered framing it, but I really don't want to go to the expense of buying a large enough frame.

It has its little quirks, but all in all, I'm pretty pumped at how it turned out.


3 comments:

  1. I think you did a lovely job on your first attempt at thread painting. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really very pretty. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how I missed this post so I am glad I went back on your feed a bit. lol I love this! Looks great with the Calla Lilies. There is some tutorial out on the web about binding with little corner pockets so you can insert dowels across the top and bottom. That might help your ripple issue for hanging. If I find it again, I will email it to you.

    ReplyDelete