Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fun on the 4th

There wasn't much going on around my neck of the woods for Independence Day, due to a drought and burn ban. No grilling, no fireworks, no nothing. I decided to work inside and do a bit of painting. Mr. BLines brought a wood pallet home from work, and I prettied it up as a house warming gift for J and K. They are closing on their new house tomorrow.
It's a really nice house and the best thing is that it is sooo much closer than where they used to live. Yippee!! But I digress...

I've seen razorback paintings everywhere and wanted to try my hand at one on a large scale. Something I see them hanging on their back porch.
So, here is what I came up with.
It was fun, but it was sure a lot of work to finish it in one day. I'm hoping to give it to them this weekend. Since they are both huge Arkansas Razorback fans, I'm sure they will like it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness - you got talent my dear! This is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! what a fantastic idea - I can't believe you did it in a day. such a wonderful gift and very personalized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so COOL!!!!! They're going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Do you live in Arkansas? I do - Hot Springs. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Belinda, that is awesome! I bet they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete