Saturday, July 14, 2012

Converging Modification

Ok, so my first attempt at convergence didn't pan out. Mainly because I didn't buy the book and was trying to follow along with Tonya and Linda the best I could without it. Lesson learned.  Because of that, I decided to do something different. Partially because of suggestions and encouragement I received from you wonderful blogger ladies!!

I didn't even worry about matching up the seams or which way they were pressed because I had a plan. And I wanted to enjoy the process and get to the good part.
It's pretty obvious that I cut it wrong, and didn't sweat the matching stuff...
It could have been worse and viewed from a distance, it's not so bad but this is what I did to it...
I can't wait to get to the quilting part, maybe even try some thread painting as some of you ladies do. I can't hope to be as good at it, but it will be a fun thing to try.

I do have more fabric and I'm going to try the proper way to do convergence in the days ahead. It's kinda fun and I want to get it right.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to be just lovely!! Not a mistake - the fabric had other plans for you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did! Really creative and beautiful :) xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how did you hold them down on there? Or have you not yet? Are you just going to applique them down by thread painting?

    I am just NO good at this applique stuff.

    Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great...I am not sure what it was supposed to look like..but I like this one...Then with the lilys...Looks great. Very modern.

    ReplyDelete