When I revised my May for Me goals list, I took off the bedding project for LMW's bed. Well folks, I actually got that done yesterday. My sister and I postponed our date, and I worked on the quilt.
It's hanging a little uneven, but you can see it this way better. The dimensions may be a little off for the vehicles, but he loved it and wanted to put it on his bed immediately. I had a blast doing this.
I did quite a bit of fmq because I didn't want a grid pattern on it. I wanted to highlight the different shades in the fabric.
And I wanted to give the illusion of the palest of clouds in the sky.
I should have used a dark thread in the bobbin, but LMW doesn't care and I learned yet another tip about doing these sorts of quilts. I put this one together differently, and decided to use regular grosgrain ribbon on the edge.
LeLe liked it, LMW liked it, SR liked it and I do too! So that's all the counts. Now, LMW has a car/race car/truck/backhoe quilt for his race car bed.
And I have one item left on my goals list. That will be accomplished tomorrow.