Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Sunday Afternoon

This afternoon, I spent a little time doing what I wanted. That is what May for Me is all about right? And Sunday afternoons are for keeping the Sabbath and I consider doing what you love to be doing just that. After all, the Lord gifted you with your talents and interests, so it seems fitting to enjoy them on His day.
I wanted a little painting of the beach to go with my flea market finds, so I just took out my painting supplies and started moving the brush. I wasn't sure what I would wind up with, because to be honest, I normally have something to look at, something to try to reproduce in my own way. This came to my mind's eye and I have to tell you, I was a little surprised.  I've seen photos similar to this, but I didn't look at any of them while I was painting.
I'm just so pleased with my effort. It's no Monet or Van Gogh, but it makes me happy.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just wonderful! Yes, it goes nicely with your 'finds' - NO, your finds go nicely with your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your painting is like having a little window out to the beach! You know those three panel paintings you've done? You know where I'm going??? Do you have a spot a big beach scene would go? I can see it now........

    I just love how you have the fish grouped together. I almost expect to see their little fins moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you on your use of the Lord's Day. :)
    Love your painting -- it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete