Thursday, May 10, 2012

Productive Thursday

I whittled down my May for Me list a little more today. I completed two big sets of kitchen towels for a couple of friends. One group was a commission, one was not, but I enjoyed doing it all.
Razorbacks and Saints. Quite a combination!

Sea life towels, pot holders and mug rugs. I love these so much, I might just make myself a few before May is over!! I already made myself a razorback or two. *grin*
I practiced my FMQ again on these and I had a blast!
I'm kinda tickled at how the backs look. I didn't expect that and was pleasantly surprised. I still have a long row to hoe in the practice department, but it sure is fun.

I was also able to get the second tee shirt quilt pin basted and ready to quilt. Yoo hoo for a productive day!!

I'm linking up to Marcia's May for Me - Minutes for Me. And The Shady Porch's Rock 'N Share.

6 comments:

  1. Some great project finishes. WIth each piece, that FMQ will come to be second nature. You were a fireball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm practicing, too! Isn't it fun?! I think your projects turned out great --- nice job of "whittlin'" there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LUV your towels! What a great idea for gifts!

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some Saints and Razorbacks, but it's still a way off til Fall. The sea life ones are beautuful and very Summer colors! I bet you go crazy in the fabric store, with all the possibilities. Wouldn't flamingos be fun?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The HOGS are here! The HOGS are here! They're even better in person! Miss B, you are THE BEST! Thank you so much for the lagniappe!!!!! Ay-eeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute towels and I love your mug rugs! I like how you outlined the items for the quilting -- very neat! Thanks for sharing at Minutes for Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete