Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Weekend Wreath

I had an autumn wreath on my door that I've had for about 3 years. I just kept putting it away and then wondering what I was going to use for Christmas. I'd use a simple berry wreath I found umpteen years ago and let it ride. This year, I decided to just take the stuff out of the autumn wreath and create a Christmas one with whatever I had on hand. I didn't have to buy a thing.




The wreath itself is just a regular vine wreath you can buy at Walmart, but if memory serves, I think I made it from vines in the yard. It's not hard to do. You just gather as many long vines as you can, and wrap them in a circle. You weave the ends together when you have it as large as you wish.

I left the ivy that was already there from the autumn version. Then, I took leftover silk poinsettias and stuck them in, added some decorative "sticks" that had candy canes and gift boxes with a little holly and thought a little more. It just didn't have enough. I considered going to wally world to buy something else, then realized I had some round ornaments leftover from my tree. So, I hot glued the tops on them so they wouldn't pull out, and strung them together, two and three with wire, and added them in. Last, I added the Santa bow I found in my box of decorations.



So, there it is. It's not the stuff of decorating magazines, but it suits me and it was free. Free is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment