Monday, November 2, 2009

This and That

I reorganized my craft closet....again. I'm hoping I've rearranged things to be more easily accessible.



While looking for new places to stash junk we didn't want to throw away, I found something....



I made these when Jared was very small.(About 25 years ago) I cut them all out on my trusty old band saw, and painted them. I also made a flat wooden boat, but It just didn't ever really float for me (ha) so I got rid of it. And Jared never played with these, no matter how cute I thought they were. Maybe Leann's baby will want them.....I can see the smirk on LeLe's face in my mind's eye.

And today after months of tedious work, I finished a Christmas ornament.



I don't think I will ever go to that much trouble again. I created the design myself, by drawing it out on graph paper, then spent countless hours cross stitching. And I wound up with this very small ornament. That is just too much time for something so small.

Aside from that, I've been making some blankets for Christmas gifts and looking online for ideas of things to do when I'm finished with all the Christmas gifts I'm making. Can't post pictures here, for fear the recipents will accidentally find them...

2 comments:

  1. The ornament is too cute!!! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I had another comment on here, but I guess it went to 'puter limboland.

    ReplyDelete