Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot.....

I'm getting started on Christmas decorating. (As you can tell by the last two posts.)


I had an idea to paint the words Comfort and Joy on wooden plaques and set them up with candles.


I first painted them white, then added silver, and gold around the edges.

I printed off the words Comfort and Joy, and transferred them to the disks, then painted using the gold and silver paint. I outlined the words in black, so they would stand out.



I decided I wanted a little more color to them, so I drew on some holly and berries, and some ribbon. Then painted them out.




Next, I took a styrofoam cone I puchased at walmart, and wrapped it with jute I had on hand. I secured the ends of the jute with tiny pieces of wire, and then painted the whole thing white. After it dried, I wrapped a square piece of styrofom in silver wrapping paper, and used it as a base, sticking a pencil in the center of the square and up through the bottom of the cone.  I had a wooden ball in a drawer, and I painted it silver, and hot glued it to the top of the tree.


I thought about glueing beads onto it or clear disks, but I think I like it just as it is.



After all these projects were done, I brought out some old gold and silver candlesticks and placed them all on the buffet in my dining area.



In this photo, you can see the jar of peppermint I still have to finish. But, I'm considering adding some small embellishment to the top of the buffet, and it might add just enough to help with the peppermint jar.



Right now, I'm working on the wall hanging I mentioned earlier. It has three reindeer in it, and one is Rudolph, of course. I'll post the steps when I'm finished, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment