Monday, August 12, 2013

Repurpose Recycle Reuse

I have a fun before and after post for you.

I am remodeling my sewing room, and I had two of these on the wall that just didn't go with my plans.
I wracked my brain trying to figure out how I could use them. I even asked my friend Y in GA what her thoughts were on it and VOILA! She and her daughter brain stormed and came up with the obvious solution.  (Well, obvious if I had half a brain these days)

First, I took off the candle part of the sconce. No easy task mind you. I used an old hack saw blade. No saw, just the blade. Ummmm, not very easy but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I sprayed them white and then found an old metal curtain rod I had laying around and painted it too. I distressed them all and put them all on the wall marrying the two three.  I then  hung one of my quilts on the rod.
I'm tickled with the result.
Yay me! Now I have other ideas I need to implement. It's getting there!!

5 comments:

  1. Great solution, and the quilt is so beautiful it needs to be displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Love what you did with the sconces...great way to display your craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! A little work and you have a masterpiece. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a lucky spark! ;) I'm always amazed how you can take a piece from here and another from there and come up with a whole new something! The quilt is beautiful hanging. What ya' got up your sleeve next???!! :D

    ReplyDelete