Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Progress

Well, yes I have made progress, but I also added more to my list. Not gonna go into that though, because it can get a bit old and uninteresting. *grin*

This is a picture of what inspired me.
Now, keep in mind I didn't have a bead board backing, nor a light aqua wall. And my depression era glass is cobalt instead of aqua. Subsequently, mine looks quite different.

Here is the before:
And here is the after:
Not as much distressing on mine either, but that's ok. I am not as "in love" with it, but it does look better in person than in this photo.

This is the desk I'm going to try to paint the robin's egg blue with the distressing.

I love it, but it just doesn't go with my idea of what's going to happen in this room. Here's a reminder of what it looked like when I bought it.
I'm forever changing up and re-doing things. But that's what makes it fun.

Ok, back to work!!

2 comments:

  1. I think the beadboard would take away from the pretty cobalt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can take something and reinvent it into another beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete