Sunday, December 30, 2012

With One Day to Spare

I wanted to post my December block of the month before the end of the year. I have one day to spare.
The middle is a little off center and I realized it's because I started it out backwards. I'm ok with that though. I actually made two blocks and I like the first one better but, there is an obvious crooked seam line in the middle and it didn't make it out to 12 1/2", so I tried again with the other fabrics.
My friend Janice, who is doing this with me had a lovely block.
She chose to use a pattern that was slightly different than mine, and I kinda like hers a little better.

My local quilt shop is having a 50% off sale this week. I'm heading there as soon as they open up on Wednesday. I hope to pick up some more holiday fabric before it's all put away or sold. I'm thinking I'll probably go ahead and do my Twelve Months of Christmas again this year. It was fun!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I like them all. If you are having fun, what the hey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered several Christmas jelly rolls on line since I wasn't sure I'd get out in time for the sales. My girls don't have Christmas quilts yet so three of them will be for them. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are quite darling! My LQS was doing 50-75% off ... I spent way too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous block and a gorgeous blog too. Thank you for visiting me. I love to b pinned.

    ReplyDelete