Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wonky Wedding Quilt

My friend asked the guests at her son's wedding rehearsal to sign some fabric squares for me to put together in a quilt. I'd never heard of it but, I thought it was a great idea. This is the result.
Since none of the fabric pieces were square and some of the folks filled it from edge to edge, I came up with a wonky square design. I actually wound up having to cut a few of the letters out of some words occasionally, to have a seam allowance. In one place it was so close that while I was quilting, it tried to come apart, so I had to do some quick repair work.

There were more squares than I could use on the front, so I added the rest to the back in an even less structured pattern.
Since both of my children are already married, I won't be able to do this for them, but I hope I don't forget by the time my grandchildren marry. If I'm still around by then. *wink*


3 comments:

  1. Clever - love it. And great design from front to back or is it back to front? You always have to stick those 'signing' blocks in a cardstock frame to make people sign with-in the lines so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's simply gorgeous! My grandson is going to pop the question to his girlfriend before Christmas so maybe I'll get to use this idea. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete