Friday, December 28, 2012

Something Different

While I didn't have anything pressing to do at Christmas, and all my projects were caught up, I decided to try something different. On the spur of a moment, I decided to try piecing hexagons. I've been seeing them a lot, and my friend Tonya is a big paper pieced person. She has inspired me and so I thought I'd give it a try.

I began with some Jason Yenter fabric called "Deco", which I am in love with. I had some deep blue fabric left from another project that I thought would go well with it.
I tried a little fussy cutting, but it really didn't turn out as I expected. I will try more of the fussy cutting as I go along with it.
I'm adding some brighter aqua to the mix, and more of these two fabrics. It's an ongoing process and I still don't have a solid plan in my head. I often just go with it and see what happens, but I think I want this to be a wall hanging in my sewing room. I'm not sure if I will continue out from the center with shades of blue, or do a rainbow blend type thing. Still thinking on that one, but I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment