Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Own FMQ Fun!

This morning, after reading Snoodles' post on her free motion quilting fun, I decided to post about mine. I'm just beginning to try my hand at this fmq stuff, and am inspired by some of the blogs I've been reading. Hers and Marcia's to name two. I'm also inspired by Sharon and Tonya these days.


I created these mug rugs for some friends I'll see on Saturday. I didn't decide to try practicing my fmq until I had the applique done and quilted around that.
No, the circles aren't perfectly round and there are some places that aren't even close to being circular. Not to mention some points in there that aren't supposed to be pointy. But, I had fun!! I was amazed when I looked up at the clock and saw I'd been working on these all afternoon. I finished up the binding yesterday while LMW napped. It's been a while since I was able to work while he slept.
This is all I've finished up lately. I have two other things in the works and hope to have them finished soon.

Linking up to Rock 'N Share and Minutes for Me

4 comments:

  1. Glad you found so fun ME time - those placemates look wonderful. And thank you for following along with our 'pass the fun' blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had some fun, and I love the results. I know your friends will treasure the gift - and you have a great start on some May for Me time! Those really look super....and I'm honored that we "fun-sters" inspired you to have a blast and try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for Me Time! -- Yes Minutes for Me!
    Love your FMQ -- Looks great!
    Thanks for linking up to Minutes for Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete