Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quilting Mojo? Ohhh Mojo??

I can't find my quilting mojo lately. I have things I'm working on and will get a tee shirt quilt basted and ready to quilt today, but I haven't had any ideas running around in my head like I usually do.

I've decided to simplify my charity quilts and since making that decision, I've been on the lookout for an easy quilt pattern. So far, no luck. Maybe while I sit quilting the tee, I'll have some ideas pop in there. I usually come up with things while I'm doing something else.

Where and how do you come up with your ideas? Where do you get your inspiration?

4 comments:

  1. That's a dangerous question to ask me! Flowers , a building, a tree, a color, the fabric itself, re-visiting an old block, maybe something someone said, a child's story or song - almost anywhere, anytime, any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're looking for an idea... i've always wanted a mug rug :-) and this one has a pocket so you can close it up with your spoon and some tea!
    http://www.sewwequilt.com/2010/11/mug-rug-of-scraps.html
    i'd pay for it. for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes just simple stripes or nine patch blocks work. You aren't going to believe this but just earlier today I thought up some patterns that I want to write and I event thought about sending them to a publisher. I thought about calling the book something on The lines of "refreshingly simple quilts". I need EQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Rail Fence....have you already done that? It's pretty quick and simple. I agree with Tonya....nine patches are good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete