Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Keepsake Pillow

I'm into pillows right now. They are quick and easy, and I can actually have one almost done by the time LMW wakes from his nap. I have several more in the works, but this one is made from a sweatshirt my Mom wore at Christmastime.


My mom had a closet full of Christmas sweaters and sweatshirts, and I took some of them to make pillows for my sisters.  They've probably forgotten all about them, but I hope they will be pleasantly surprised when they open them up.


I quilted the top of this one and added some snowflake buttons. I know Sister #1 will love it. I hope to carry on my Mom's love of Christmas and decorating as the years go by. Maybe I'll also be known as the "Lady with all the Christmas stuff" in the years to come.

Don't forget to visit the Minutes for Me Linky Party.

6 comments:

  1. Your pillows look great, they sure don't look like they go together that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to use a sweatshirt! I have a few that have shrunk and this would be a wonderful way to keep them for the Christmas season. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a PERFECT idea! Way to turn something that you might ordinarily give away into a wonderful keepsake. Now, Aunt Sue will always be around at Christmas. I'm gonna miss seeing her yard full of decorations. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I add to the other comments? This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've come up with a great idea to use those shirts for. This is a really cute pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute pillow! What a nice way to save a favorite sweatshirt! Great share for the Minutes for Me Party! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete