Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Work 10-17-11

I finished a NICU quilt and I'm happier with it than with any I've done before.


I think it was a combination of things. Blue and green are my favorite colors, I tried something new with the bow ties...


And my new machine is working like a dream. (After I've figured out more things about it.)
So, this one is my favorite so far.


I also began working on some furniture painting and lamp reconfiguring. It's been a frustrating process that I'll tell you about in a later post. In the meantime, here are some of the items I have plans to upgrade. Can anyone say U G L Y?

Lamp rejected from my Mom's home.

Beaten and bruised.


My first attempt as making a plain bench into a seat. Epic fail.


At least it matches the truck here...

We've had this table ever since my children were little. It just needs a facelift and it'll be good as new! It's still sturdy and usable and I don't want to trash it.

My, I didn't realize how much work I had ahead of me until I posted all the photos! Fortunately, the two tables are close to being done, and I have a good plan for the lamp. The chair will be a major undertaking. It belonged to my grandmother. I really would like most of this done by Thanksgiving, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! You're going to be a busy gal! Can't wait to see what on earth you do with the lamp. I'm so happy for you over your new machine! The quilt looks great!!! Very cool backing on the quilt. It looks like water to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot to do! That quilt is adorable. I love the colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete