Thursday, October 6, 2011

A ME Day

On the advice of dear Mr. BLine, I took a ME day today. That means I didn't do any "need to do" jobs, and only ones I wanted to do.  I've been in the sewing room all day. What joy!! I started out with this...


And completed the top.


I tweaked a pattern I found online, and again (unintentionally) I failed to note the url. If you know where it is, please tell me so I can give credit to the creator. I have a hard time following a pattern, so I normally draw it out on graph paper and figure things out in my head. That's what I did here, and scatter brained me, measured wrong. So, my blocks are smaller than intended, and I had to add a bit of sashing to the sides. But, it's a happy little quilt and will be my next NICU gift.

You see this book?

I've had it since 1994. Yes, it's gone through that many Christmases and has stood the test of time. There is something on the front of it I want to try. I'm not telling you what. Heh Heh! You'll see... well, if it turns out like I want. *grin*

4 comments:

  1. Blues and greens!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great you day, lovely results too I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Quilt! Glad you took some ME Time! We all know that is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is great! A total ME day, wow!!! How fun! I will try very hard not to be jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete