Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WIP

No, it's not Wednesday, but I wanted to go ahead and post these photos anyway.

I'm all done with the next NICU quilt except for a border. I need supplies before I can add that.



Quilting as you go is soooo much easier to quilt. But it is a little more time consuming due to the handwork involved. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

This is the next NICU quilt. It's going to be a bit easier, because I've decided I need to get myself in high gear. I've chosen to use fleece as the backing and not use batting. I've done this before, and it's much easier for me.


A lady at a yard sale was giving away these aqua napkins. They had never been used and I decided to use them for a baby quilt, because they are so easy, and the color is good for either a girl or boy. I realized the animal print had the same color in the horses, so I thought it was a nice contrast to the aqua all in all.


I just appliqued the squares in different patterns and I had the top all finished except the outside border in about an hour and a half. I will probably use white fleece, but I'm going to see what's available at the local Walmart and then make a decision.

1 comment:

  1. The quilts are so adorable! They'll be keepsakes for sure! What a clever idea with the napkins. And, you just know God matched the colors up. *wink-wink* I like the idea of the fleece backing and no batting. It sounds like a perfect lightweight, soft baby quilt. You so smart!!!

    ReplyDelete